This is, by far, the easiest and one of our most frequently devoured recipes, in our house-- and it really does only take 15 minutes! We always keep cans of chickpeas and coconut milk on hand, so it's easy to throw together on busy weeknights. Enjoy!
Easy Chickpea Curry
1 can of chickpeas (or two) 1 small onion, diced
1" knob fresh ginger, grated (optional) 1 can of diced tomatoes (regular or fire roasted)
1 tbsp curry powder 1 can of coconut milk 2 large handfuls greens (optional) sea salt as needed oil as needed
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil of choice in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet.
2. Add 1 chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Stir in 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp dried.
3. Stir in 1 tbsp favorite curry power and let toast until aromatic (30-60 seconds).
4. Add chickpeas (a can or two fresh or 2 cups pre cooked), canned tomatoes and coconut milk and stir.
5. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until liquid is reduced by about half (desired consistency).
6. Season to taste & stir in greens if using before serving.
Optional: add a squeeze of lime at the end.
Serve over rice, cauli rice or noodles! Get the rest: Sign up for The Supermama Society to grab my 15 minute Dinners E-book!