When I asked you over on Facebook what kind of recipes you wanted the most, the resounding answer was "quick weeknight meals!". I feel you, mama-- me, too. Weeknights can be busy, and finding time to throw dinner together can be hard-- even when we've done our best to prep our hearts out!
This dinner is one of my favorite simple 5-ingredient (ok, I didn't include the salt and pepper or oil-- but I figured those were staples) Southern Italian recipes. It's delicious, family-friendly and it all comes together in 20 minutes. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself! p.s. Gluten-free or plant-based? I made some suggestions at the bottom of the post. We respect all food values, around here!
5-ingredient Orechiette with sausage and broccolini
🖨: Print Recipe
⏲ Prep + Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 12-oz package orechiette (or pasta of choice- but I encourage you to try it with the orechiette!)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 package sausage of choice (chicken or pork), crumbled
1 bunch broccolini, sliced lengthwise and then halved
4 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, but do not rinse.
2. Heat olive oil to medium in a large high-sided pot or pan.
3. Add crumbled sausage and cook, stirring often, until golden.
4. Add broccolini and stir well to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove cover, stir in garlic and cover for another 2 minutes.
6. When pasta is done cooking, add to pan and stir well to coat. Let cook another 2-3 minutes until broccoli is firm, but tender. Season to taste and serve.
Make it gluten-free: use gluten-free pasta instead of traditional orechiette
Make it dairy-free: make sure the sausage you are using is dairy-free.
Make it plant-based: replace sausage with white beans