This is a powerful exercise that can be done again and again to create awareness around eating, increasing overall satisfaction and identify what parts of a food or meal are actually satisfying. I recommend starting by trying it out once, and then- as I mention in the audio, trying it once a day for six or seven days to become aware of the experience. I know it might seem silly at first- but I promise, it's a powerful practice (remember, as you train your brain to become more mindful and aware of your surrounding, including your meals- you won't need trainings to help you do it! But the practice has to become a habit). Instructions:
1. Select a time and place to eat without distraction.
2. Choose a small food you don't require utensils to eat.
3. Have a napkin or a plate for this food.
5. Make sure you are as undistracted as possible (turn off phone notifications, kids occupied)
6. Play the recording and follow it's instructions (start at 2:00 if you have already listened to the introduction).
To download: Click the down arrow in the top right corner to save as an mp3.
Listen on mobile: If you are on mobile, click 'Listen in browser' to listen in browser or download the free Soundcloud app to keep it in your files.