One way to add more satisfaction to your meals is to bulk up the volume with veggies! Bonus: we could all eat more veggies (it's pretty impossible to eat too many). This easy rainbow cauliflower couscous is colorful and fun to eat (and, by the way- gluten-free for those who need it, because there's no actual couscous, at all) and PACKED with fiber and nutrients.
Enjoy! Don't forget to share with us in the Facebook Group if you try a recipe and love it.
Rainbow Cauliflower Couscous
Serves ~4 adults as a side
2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
1/2 large onion or one small, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed and roughly chopped
1 large bell pepper (I like to use half of two different colors), chopped small
1 medium zucchini, chopped small
2 large handfuls kale, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, or 1 tsp dried
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried parsley
pinch cayenne pepper (if desired) sea salt to taste
1. Heat oil to medium in a large high-sided sautee pan.
2. Add onion and garlic and sautee until translucent.
3. While onion and garlic are cooking, process cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles couscous. Set aside.
4. Add bell pepper and zucchini and cook until starting to soften.
5. Stir in cauliflower, dried herbs and a big pinch of sea salt. Cook until cauliflower is soft. Stir in kale and basil and season to taste.