I LOVE finding alternatives to foods I love, but might not be *the* most nutrient dense. And where we are ALL about the balance around here, we're also about upping the nutrient ante whenever you can- as long as it's just as satisfying. If the 'real thing' is more satisfying, go with that mama- but when you can, it's always nice to swap in some nutrient-dense foods. Breaded chicken is one of those favorites for me!
This one-pan chicken and asparagus is easy and delicious- and it features a delicious almond flour breading that is super tasty, and the whole family devoured. Win-win!
One-Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken + Asparagus
1 lb thin-sliced chicken breast (or breasts cut in half)- about 4 1 bunch asparagus
1 lemon, sliced thin
olive or avocado oil (or spray) sea salt breading (see below) 1 egg, whisked
3/4 cup almond flour 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp garlic powder pinch black pepper 1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Spray or grease a large sheet pan with oil.
3. Toss asparagus with olive or avocado oil and a pinch of salt. Arrange around pan, leaving room for chicken.
4. To bread chicken: Whisk egg in one medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together breading ingredients.
5. Pat chicken dry. Dredge in egg mixture, first and then breading. Place on pan. Repeat for all chicken breasts. Top each with a slice of lemon.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Toss avocado and bake another 10-15 until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with rice, potatoes or cauliflower rice to round out the meal!